- 4 russet potatoes (large, scrubbed)
- 8 bacon slices
- 4 tablespoons Challenge Butter (unsalted)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- fresh chives (Minced, for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
kay s. 1 Oct
this was great. i used 1.5 cups of milk and 1.5 cups heacy cream instead. also added 1 can of corn before potatoes.
Colleen R. 25 Sep
Delicious! I used gouda and cheddar and it was awesome.
Lauren Boone 18 Sep
Turned out great, will definitely be having this again!
Kristi Williams 19 Feb
Ok. Try whole milk next time...and cream for half and half
Kristi Faber 5 Jan
Loved this! Will make again
Tracy H. 17 Dec 2017
We loved it had great flavour and perfect constancy.
Tim W. 17 Nov 2017
The recipe works, but onions need to be cooked till clear in begining. Was too much garlic for my taste.
Jaime 23 Oct 2017
I used golden potatoes and extra broth. Its so heavy and satisfying.
Cindy P. 31 Oct 2016
Perfect. Easy to make and delicious. This will be my go-to potato recipe for a quick supper. I did not modify the ingredients or quantities.
Staci C. 4 Oct 2016
This is a Delicious recipe! And it was so easy to make! Yummly! I will definitely be making it again!