Tiropitakia are miniature versions of the Greek classic, tiropita. Tiropita typically features layers of buttered phyllo pastry with an egg-cheese mixture filling. These little cheese pies feature a cheese filling combining fresh feta cheese with mozzarella, egg, and just a touch of mint. With a bake time of just 10 minutes, these tiropitakia are ready in just 35 minutes and make a great appetizer for an evening of entertaining. Make your own phyllo dough or purchase it premade.
- 7 sheets phyllo pastry
- 250 grams feta cheese
- 50 grams mozzarella (grated)
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons mint (chopped)
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- olive oil (for brushing)
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170–180C.
- Prepare 2 clean towels and lightly dampen them with a sprinkling of water.
- Spread the phyllo sheets on 1 damp towel and cover with the second towel to prevent them drying out.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Crumble the feta cheese and place in a bowl with the mozzarella, beaten egg, mint, and pepper. Mix well.
- Carefully place a sheet of phyllo pastry on a smooth surface, with the narrow end facing towards you.
- Brush with oil and fold over on the long side.
- Cut along the fold to form 2 long pieces of pastry.
- Place a teaspoonful of the mixture on the bottom righthand corner of the pastry and fold over in the shape of a triangle.
- Continue folding in triangular shapes until the end of the sheet.
- Place on the baking tray and brush with oil.
- Repeat this action with the remaining sheets. (The pastry should remain inside the damp towels until ready to use.)
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
PER SERVING *
|Calories110Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.