- 100 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 3 medium eggs (beaten)
- 2 limes (zested and juiced)
- 2 guavas (peeled, deseeded and cut into thin wedges)
- whipped cream (Coconut)
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (lightly whipped)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8 inch round cake pan and line the base with parchment paper. For the batter, beat the butter and 1/2 cup sugar until pale and fluffy. Add flour, eggs, lime zest and juice. Mix well. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Arrange guava wedges on the top and press them in lightly. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar and bake 20-30 mins, until golden and firm. Cool 10 mins in pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the coconut whipped cream, fold the coconut milk and powdered sugar into the whipped cream. Serve with the cake.