This Lime and Coconut Moist Cake Made with Rice Flour is a truly moist cake. The batter for this cake is made with a mixture of rice flour, regular flour, and potato starch for a cake with the perfect density. Flavored with whole vanilla bean, this cake balances the sweet nutty flavor of coconut with the vibrant tang of lime, drizzled over the cake after baking as a syrup, allowing each to come through each bite of the cake beautifully.
- 90 grams rice flour
- 50 grams flour
- 40 grams potato starch
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 100 milliliters heavy cream (or plain yogurt)
- lime juice
- 90 grams softened butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- lime juice (or lemon)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl with the heavy cream and then incorporate the eggs, one at a time, mixing well with the mixer.
- Sift the three types of flour with the baking powder and add them to the bowl, add the butter, very soft or melted.
- Beat well and add the juice and grated peel of 1 lime and the seeds of the vanilla bean.
- Line a 20 centimeter cake pan with wax paper and add the batter.
- Bake the cake at 160C for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool slightly and add the syrup.
- To prepare the syrup, combine the powdered sugar with the juice of 1 lime, dilute with the water and stir well.
- Make some holes in the cake with a toothpick and pour the syrup directly over the cake while still warm.
|Calories660Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.