- 8 ounces bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops
- sea salt
- vegetable oil
- 8 cups ice cold water
- 2/3 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 bottle ginger beer (NOT ginger ale)
- Make brine by combining all ingredients together and stir until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Put chops in a self-sealing plastic bag, pour in brine, and seal bag. Leave chops in brine, in the refrigerator, for up to 24 hours prior to cooking.
- Remove chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine. Season chops on each side with coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place pork chops in skillet and sear, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Finish chops in the pre-set oven for 8-10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer. Let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice on the bias against the grain and serve immediately. Serve alongside a Buffalo Trace Kentucky Mule.