Citrus tarts are a refreshing treat that can be enjoyed at anytime of the year. This citrus tart employs the tangy flavors of lime. Make the crust for the tart beforehand and blind bake for 20 minutes. The lime custard filling does not require baking. Once assembled the tart should be refrigerated until set before serving. Garnish the tart with a spiral of lime peel and serve with freshly whipped cream.
- 150 grams flour
- 80 grams butter
- 40 grams sugar
- 15 grams rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cold milk
- 4 limes
- 140 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a pie plate with aluminum foil.
- Pour the flour, butter, and 40 gr. of sugar into a large bowl. With your fingertips, pinch everything together until your have a uniform, crumbly mixture.
- Add the rolled oats and stir well.
- Add the milk and knead quickly to form a ball. Refrigerate for a few minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out and transfer it onto the pie plate. Pour dried beans on top of the dough so it does not rise during baking. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden. Discard the beans.
- Zest 2 of the limes and juice all of them. In a saucepan, add the sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and cornstarch dissolved to 1 tbsp. of water. Simmer on low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Separately, whisk the eggs. Continually whisking, stream them into the lime mixture. Raise the heat and simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Fill the pie plate with this mixture. Refrigerate until set and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.