- 1 3/4 cups full fat coconut milk (1, 13.5oz/400ml can)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (soft but not mushy)
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Pour 1 cup (240 ml) of the coconut milk, the shredded coconut, maple syrup, lime zest, lime juice, ginger, vanilla, and salt into the blender jar of the KitchenAid® Power Plus® Blender, secure the lid, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Add 1 1/2 cups (225 g) of the cooked rice, secure the lid, and process on variable speed 4 for 10 seconds, until creamy but rustic. (Be careful not to over process. You don't want the blend to be completely smooth or the porridge will be goopy.)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil, and pour in the blended rice mixture, and bring this mixture to a light simmer, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups (225 g) of cooked rice and the remaining 3/4 cup (180ml) of the coconut milk. Stir for about 2 minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly, but is still creamy and loose. (The mixture will thicken quickly while cooling for a minute, and if you cook for longer your porridge will get very dry.
- Divide the porridge evenly between four bowls, and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut flakes and 1/4 cup (40 g) of fresh raspberries.
- Serve immediately.