Cold weather and wet days call for a hot bowl of soup at the end of the day. Try this recipe for Lima Bean and 4 Spices Soup. Creamy and full of harvest flavor, this soup features pumpkin, nutmeg, and cloves. Pureed part way through cooking, this soup has a smooth texture interspersed with bits of cabbage. Nutritious and hearty, serve this soup with your favorite bread for dipping. Be sure to soak the lima beans overnight
- 2 servings
- 200 grams lima beans
- 200 grams pumpkin (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (cubed)
- 1 carrot (sliced)
- 1 onion (quartered)
- 1 garlic clove (whole)
- 1/2 cabbage (pointed, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Soak the lima beans for 4 hours, or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, add the beans and cover with water. Cook on medium heat until done. Don't let the beans dry out, add more water if necessary, but not too much.
- In a large pot filled with water, and seasoned with salt, add half the beans, pumpkin, potatoes, carrot, onion, and whole garlic clove.
- Once everything is cooked, place soup in the blender for a 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are well grinded.
- Pour the blended mixture back in the pot, add the remaining beans, the pointed cabbage cut into small pieces, season with a bit of olive oil and spices.
- Cook for a few more minutes until the cabbage is cooked.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.