Lightning Crispy Chocolate with OrangeOn dine chez Nanou
- 100 grams butter (soft)
- 125 grams sugar
- 125 grams flour
- 50 grams whole milk
- 50 grams water
- 45 grams butter
- 55 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt (and sugar)
- 90 grams dark chocolate (Valrhona, with orange)
- 200 grams heavy whipping cream
- 2 orange
- 1Mix by hand the first 3 ingredients in a bowl to make a paste.
- 2Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper.Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1mm.
- 3Allow it to harden in the refrigerator for about 40-60 minutes.
- 4Cut the brittle into the desired shapes.
- 5In a medium saucepan combine water, milk, salt, sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
- 6Add the flour all at once.
- 7Stir until the mixture detaches from the sides of the pan.
- 8Transfer the dough into a mixer bowl and let it warm down. Beat in the eggs one at a time until smooth.
- 9Use a pastry bag to pipe the choux pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 10Place a brittle shape on top of each eclair.
- 11Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- 12Place the baking dish inside the oven and turn it off for about 25 minutes.
- 13Then turn the oven on again, and lower the temperature to 170 C for about 15 minutes.
- 14Slightly open the oven door and let the eclairs dry for about 10 minutes.
- 15Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- 16In a saucepan boil 110 gr. of heavy cream.
- 17Pour it into the melted chocolate. Stir with a rubber spatula until nice and smooth.
- 18Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 19When its cooled, beat the ganache with a food processor or an electric mixer.
- 20Peel the oranges with a knife, leaving no white skin.
- 21Over a bowl, insert a small sharp knife as close to that membrane as possible and make a slice parallel to it, right to the center of the orange. Find the membrane on the other side of that orange section and make another slice down to the center of the orange.
- 22With a serrated knife, slice the eclairs in half lengthwise.
- 23With a pastry bag, fill eclaires with ganache.
- 24Place 2 orange segments inside the eclairs.
- 25Delicately top the eclairs with the brittle.
- 26Store in a cool place.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.