- 100 grams butter (soft)
- 125 grams sugar
- 125 grams flour
- 50 grams whole milk
- 50 grams water
- 45 grams butter
- 55 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt (and sugar)
- 90 grams dark chocolate (Valrhona, with orange)
- 200 grams heavy whipping cream
- 2 orange
- Mix by hand the first 3 ingredients in a bowl to make a paste.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper.Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1mm.
- Allow it to harden in the refrigerator for about 40-60 minutes.
- Cut the brittle into the desired shapes.
- In a medium saucepan combine water, milk, salt, sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour all at once.
- Stir until the mixture detaches from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the dough into a mixer bowl and let it warm down. Beat in the eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe the choux pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a brittle shape on top of each eclair.
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- Place the baking dish inside the oven and turn it off for about 25 minutes.
- Then turn the oven on again, and lower the temperature to 170 C for about 15 minutes.
- Slightly open the oven door and let the eclairs dry for about 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- In a saucepan boil 110 gr. of heavy cream.
- Pour it into the melted chocolate. Stir with a rubber spatula until nice and smooth.
- Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When its cooled, beat the ganache with a food processor or an electric mixer.
- Peel the oranges with a knife, leaving no white skin.
- Over a bowl, insert a small sharp knife as close to that membrane as possible and make a slice parallel to it, right to the center of the orange. Find the membrane on the other side of that orange section and make another slice down to the center of the orange.
- With a serrated knife, slice the eclairs in half lengthwise.
- With a pastry bag, fill eclaires with ganache.
- Place 2 orange segments inside the eclairs.
- Delicately top the eclairs with the brittle.
- Store in a cool place.
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Sheila M. 7 Jul 2015
Whenever I make this for dessert I know that people are going to request seconds and a copy of the recipe. It’s got a great balance of citrus and chocolate.