If you are searching for exciting and fancy new appetizers for your garden parties, then be sure to try this recipe for Light Strawberry Cubes. This sweet little treat looks beautiful and delicious. The flavors of the creamy gelatin pairs perfectly with the sweet berries and salty almond flakes. This is one recipe worth saving. Be sure to surprise your friends the next time you host a party. Happy cooking!
- 2 sheets gelatin
- 50 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 strawberries
- 150 grams cottage cheese (0% fat)
- 20 grams buttermilk
- almond extract (or extract of choice)
- sliced almonds
- In a bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar in the water, remove from heat.
- Drain and squeeze gelatin to remove excess water and mix into the sugar-water syrup to dissolve.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese and buttermilk until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add the syrup and a few drops of almond extract, or extract of choice.
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries and then cut them in half.
- Rinse the strawberries in cold water, but do not dry.
- Place the strawberries in individual slots of a cube tray with cut side outward and the bottoms pointing up.
- Carefully, pour the cheese mixture into the well in the middle of the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, top with almond flakes.
- Accompany with strawberry, almond, hazelnut, or pistachio sauce.