When tossing together salads for lunch or dinner, strive for contrasting tastes, textures, shapes, and colors. Hence, the mix of lettuce and arugula in this recipe, as the interplay will be more interesting than just one or the other. For crunch (and really all salads deserve a bit of crunch), the croutons are made with crusty bread and fried with garlic and oregano to a crisp. Creamy Brie is the real reason to make this salad, though.
- 1 lettuce (Small)
- 6 tomatoes (mini)
- 1 apple
- 60 grams brie cheese
- fresh coriander (to taste)
- 1 bread (ball of mixture, or other crusty bread)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Wash and cut the lettuce, then place it with your hands on a platter.
- Add the arugula, the tomatoes (cut in half), the apple and then to thin slices of brie cheese and the croutons.
- Heat a frying pan and place the bread, seasoning with salt, oregano, garlic crushed with the proper utensil and a little olive oil.
- Leave toast and go stirring.
- Serve the salad with fresh coriander and seasoned with salt vinaigrette, vinegar and olive oil to taste.