You have sent out the backyard barbecue invites, so now you have to select a menu. The perfect sides make all the difference when you pair them with your favorite meat off the grill. This recipe for Light Piedmontese Salad is a fancy and flavorful potoato salad that if packed with decadent ingredients. This dish is perfect paired with a steak, chicken or fish. Be sure to serve it well chilled.
- 500 grams potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 100 grams diced ham
- 10 pickles
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams fromage blanc (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and cook them in boiling salted water for about twenty minutes or until they are cooked through. To check whether they are cooked, prick them with the tip of a knife. Once they are finished cooking, drain and set them aside.
- Meanwhile, clean, seed and dice the tomatoes. Cook the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes then set aside to cool. Remove the egg yolks and chop the egg whites. Cut the pickles into thin slices. Set everything aside in the fridge.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, add the diced ham, tomatoes, pickles, and egg whites.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the fromage blanc and mustard. Add the egg yolks and stir. Season with salt and pepper. Gently mix the dressing with the salad.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve the salad well-chilled.