If there was ever a designer waffle, this is the recipe for it. Softened butter combined with whisked egg whites, yeast, flour, vanilla sugar, and milk to form a thick ball of dough that will quickly double in size. After which, add in pearl sugar. Its shape allows the sugar to dissolve at a slower pace so each bite of waffle will slightly vary in savory and sweetness. Rather than completely fluffy waffles, this batter crisps up making thinner waffles with a strong cinnamon sugar flavor palate. Perfect for the sweet tooth breakfast lover.
- 200 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 500 grams flour
- 20 grams yeast
- 4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- ground cinnamon
- milk (25 cl.)
- 200 grams coarse sugar
- Soften the butter.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the butter, egg yolks, flour, yeast, vanilla sugar, cinnamon and milk together in a large bowl.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Let rest for twenty minutes.
- When the dough has doubled in volume, add the coarse sugar and start cooking the waffles according to the instructions for your waffle maker.