- 7 ounces basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large carrot (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 27 ounces lentils (rinsed, drained)
- 10 1/2 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot and garlic. Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and starting to brown. Add lentils, spinach and soy sauce. Cook for another 3 mins, covered, until spinach wilts.
- Serve with rice, lemon wedges and a grinding of black pepper.