Lentil and Dried Fruit TerrineLa Cocina de Babel
A terrine is a traditional French dish similar to a patê, but with more coarsely chopped ingredients. This recipe for lentil and dried fruit terrine is vegetarian friendly and employs lentils as its base ingredient. Combining the lentils with sliced leeks, mushrooms, dried fruit, cheese, and bread crumbs, this vegetarian terrine is full of delicious flavors and seasoned garlic and garam masala. Bake time for this lentil and dried fruit terrine is 40 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 1 leeks (washed and cut into thin slices)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 225 grams mushrooms (finely sliced)
- 1 jar lentils (cooked, rinsed and drained)
- 60 grams bread crumbs
- 80 grams mixed dried fruit
- 100 grams cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 beaten eggs
- sea salt
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Grease a loaf tin or line with parchment paper.
- 3Heat the oil in a heavy pan and fry the garam masala for a few seconds to release the flavor.
- 4Add the onion, leek, garlic, and mushrooms. Gently fry on low until soft.
- 5Remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- 6Add the lentils, breadcrumbs, dried fruit, cheese, and eggs to the onion mixture. Season and stir.
- 7Place the mixture in the loaf tin and level the surface with a spoon.
- 8Bake for 40 minutes or until set and firm to the touch.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.