If vegetarian is on the menu but you are looking for something a little different, then why not give this Lentil Tacos with Chickpea Salad a try. It is perfect for a taco Tuesday. There are four servings in this recipe that takes 70 minutes to prepare. There also are only 170 calories per serving, so it is a light dish. Ingredients include orange or red lentils, water, salt, garlic cloves, ground cumin, black pepper, chickpeas, red pepper, tomatoes, onions, parsley, sea salt, and basil.
- 1 cup orange lentils (or red)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ground black pepper
- 1 can chickpeas (baked)
- 1 red pepper (cut in strips)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- basil leaves
- Wash the lentils, and soak in warm water for 1 hour.
- Drain well, and grind in a blender with the remaining ingredients until you have a creamy mixture.
- Heat a skillet with butter.
- Depending on the size of the tacos desired, add the mixture to the skillet.
- Spread well, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Mix the cooked chickpeas, peppers, tomatoes, and onion, season to taste, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Fill the tacos with the chickpea salad, and garnish with basil leaves.
|Calories170Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.