Lentil Soup with SausageMADELEINE COCINA
Lentils are a heathy and nutritious bean that are used for all kinds of dishes. This Lentil Soup with Sausage recipe takes 90 minutes to prepare four servings. There are 270 calories per serving, so feel free to dig in and enjoy. Ingredients include turkey sausage, diced onions, rinsed lentils, epazote, ground cumin, thyme, water, chicken bouillon, and drained and diced pimentos. This recipe will warm you up on a cold day.
- 4 turkey sausages (chopped)
- cooking spray
- 1/2 onion (medium, diced)
- 1/2 cup lentils (rinsed)
- 1 sprig epazote
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 pinch thyme (ground)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 can pimento peppers (drained and diced)
- Saute the sausage in a skillet spritzed with cooking spray until golden. Place into a saucepan with the lentils, epazote, cumin, and thyme.
- Spritz the skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion until golden. Add to the saucepan. Add a little water to the skillet and scrape the sides. Add to the saucepan.
- Add the rest of the water to the saucepan with the chicken bouillon and let simmer on medium-low heat for 40 minutes. Remove the epazote.
- Add the pimento and cook for 40 minutes more. Serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories270Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes