- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 3/4 cup green lentils (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 5 ounces carrots (peeled and grated, about 1 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 fresh mint leaves (cut into strips)
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter (diced)
- Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a saucepan and sauté the leek, garlic, curry powder, coriander and garam masala for 1 min. Drain and add the lentils, then stir in the stock. Simmer over medium heat for 15 mins, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Add 1 cup of the carrots and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt and honey. Season to taste, then stir in the mint and remaining carrot.
- In a bowl, knead the flour, butter and 3/4 cup water to a smooth dough. Divide into 4 equal pieces. On a work surface sprinkled with flour, roll out the dough into 4 circles, about 8 inches in diameter. Spoon the lentil mixture on one side of each circle and fold over, pressing the edges down. Gently roll the dough pockets to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry 2 dough pockets for 4 mins on each side, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan, heat and fry the remaining pockets. Serve with the yogurt dip.
|Calories930Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.