- 1 1/3 cups red lentils
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 4 radishes
- 3 1/2 ounces cucumber (1 medium–large, de-seeded)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 egg yolks (medium)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 3 1/2 ounces watercress (about 3 cups)
- Cook the lentils in boiling water until tender but not mushy, about 8 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion for 3 minutes until softened. Leave to cool.
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve into a bowl. Cut the radishes and cucumber into fine matchsticks using the shredder attachment of a food processor. Alternatively coarsely grate them. Add to 1 1/3 cups of the cottage cheese with 1 teaspoon of the sugar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk the vinegar in a small bowl with the remaining sugar, another 3 tablespoons of the oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the lentils in a bowl with the egg yolks, remaining cottage cheese, onion, flour, and salt and pepper. Heat another 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet and add three 2-tsp-sized spoonfuls of the lentil mixture, spacing them well apart in the pan. Fry until golden on the underside then turn the patties to cook the other sides. Lift out onto a plate and keep warm while cooking the remaining mixture using the rest of the oil.
- Combine the tomatoes, watercress and dressing in a salad bowl. Serve with the patties and yogurt dressing.
|Calories650Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.