- 1/2 cup French lentils
- 1/2 cup sprouted brown rice
- 4 cups water (or vegetable stock, divided)
- 6 radishes (cleaned)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and cut into 4 inch pieces)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (flaked)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- In medium saucepan, bring lentils and 3 cups water or vegetable stock to a boil. Simmer until
- tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Bring brown rice and 1 cup water or vegetable stock to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce
- heat and cook 20-25 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and toss with a fork, Allow to cool.
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach
- slicing blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch sliced ingredients. Stack radishes end to end in feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 5 and process until radishes are sliced.
- Remove slicing blade and attach medium shredding blade. Fill feed tube with carrots. Turn stand mixer to speed 8 and process until carrots are shredded.
- In large bowl, toss lentils, brown rice, radishes, carrots, arugula and parsley. Drizzle with olive
- oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Top with avocado slices. Sprinkle with sunflower and flax
- seeds and serve immediately.
|Calories220Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.