- 3 lemons (zest)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (organic)
- 100 milliliters vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 250 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 grams oat flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 100 milliliters lemon juice
- 100 grams sugar (or as much as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 360°F. Grease a square baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon zest and sugar with your fingertips until you get a granulated mixture and the zest's oils are released. Add eggs and beat very well until fluffy. Add the oil and water and stir well.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and baking powder, oat flour, and poppy seeds. Mix gently.
- Pour the batter in the pan, and bake for about 40 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- Remove the cake from the oven. Prepare the syrup by heating a saucepan with sugar and lemon juice until the sugar dissolves. Remove the cake from the pan, prick several times with a toothpick, and cover with the syrup.