Looking for something sweet and savoury but not too rich? We got you covered. Try our Lemon and White Chocolate Caprese Dessert recipe! This recipe has just the right amount of chocolate to give you your chocolate fix but not overwhelm you with the sweetness. The dose of lemon flavor makes this recipe a perfect pair with a private meal or dinner. This recipe is pretty easy to make. Try it out!
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 grams extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 grams salt
- 200 grams almond flour
- 120 grams powdered sugar
- 150 grams white chocolate
- 50 grams potato starch
- 1 vanilla bean
- 100 grams lemon (candied, finely chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 3 egg whites
- 60 grams sugar
- 3 grams baking powder
- Beat the egg yolks, the olive oil, and the salt into an emulsion with the electric mixer.
- Place the emulsion in the refrigerator.
- Place the almond flour, powdered sugar, white chocolate, potato starch, and the seeds of the vanilla bean in a bowl, beat with an electric mixer.
- Add the candied lemon and the grated lemon peel and stir. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites, sugar, and baking powder until the mixture is very thick.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Grease a baking dish with some oil and coat with potato starch (it is also possible to use individual molds).
- Combine the three mixtures carefully by using the folding technique.
- Place the batter in the oven dish and bake it for approximately 35 minutes.
- Remove the oven dish from the oven, remove the dessert from the oven dish and place it on a platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon zest. The dessert can be served with yogurt ice cream, wild berry jam, and candied lemons.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1000Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.