- 4 lemons (2 thinly sliced, 2 zested and juiced)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (+ 5 tbsp)
- 1 cup butter (softened + 2 tbsp)
- 11 eggs (5 separated)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pound low fat quark cheese
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup cornstarch (mixed with a little water to make a slurry)
- 1 pound raspberries
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place lemon slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with 3 tbsp sugar. Place in oven for 10 mins until caramelized then remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, grease and flour a 13x15 inch rimmed baking tray. Cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add 6 whole eggs, 1 at a time. Fold in flour and baking powder then add milk and cocoa powder. Transfer to prepared pan, smooth and chill.
- Turn oven down to 325°F. Beat egg yolks with remaining sugar. Add quark (or cottage cheese, if using), mascarpone (or whipped cream cheese, if using), lemon zest and lemon juice. Add cornstarch slurry then spread over the cake base and smooth. Gently press in raspberries and bake for 45 mins. Remove from oven, set on wire rack and let cool.
- To serve, dust with powdered sugar and decorate with lemon slices. Cut into pieces.
|Calories370Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.