Lemon and Orange ChickenMadeleine Cocina
Chicken is a wonderful meat for any dinner. This Lemon and Orange Chicken is perfect for a Sunday dinner with the family. You will need 2 chicken legs, 2 thighs, and a half a chicken breast. The recipe calls for oranges, lemons, olive oil, garlic cloves, sugar, your favorite herbs, paprika, onion powder, chili peppers mixed with olive oil, and onions. This dinner is sweet, savory, and spicy.
- 2 chicken legs
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1/2 chicken breasts
- 2 orange
- 3 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon herbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili peppers mixed with olive oil (chili peppers mixed with olive oil)
- 1 onions (cut into half slices)
- 1Place the chicken into a bowl and cover it with the marinade. The marinade will consists of oil, herbs, finely chopped garlic, sugar, paprika, onion and “salsa macha”.
- 2Add the juice from one orange and lemon zest from one lemon.
- 3Let the mixture marinade overnight, if you are short on time you may let it sit for three hours minimum
- 4Preheat the oven at 200 C/ 400 F for 20 min.
- 5Place half of the onion in a casserole along with the remaining lemon and oranges. Make sure to cut them into slices.
- 6Place the chicken on top and make sure to cover everything in the marinade.
- 7Place the slices of lemon, oranges, and onions on top of the chicken.
- 8Place the casserole in the oven (make sure the casserole is uncovered) for 40-50 minutes until the chicken is slightly golden and cooked. The chicken can be served with rice or bread.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.