- 240 grams whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 vanilla extract
- 120 milliliters agave
- 120 grams Greek yoghurt (Plain non-fat)
- 60 milliliters lemon juice
- 60 milliliters non-fat milk
- 175 grams blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat a 9x5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg white, and vanilla. Stir in the agave and Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Stir in the lemon juice. Alternate between adding the flour mixture and milk to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour, and stirring until just barely incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Gently spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 37-41 minutes, or until the top feels lightly firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
- Notes: White whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour may be substituted for the whole wheat pastry flour. For the gluten-free flour, I recommend as follows: 1 cup (120g) millet flour, ½ cup (60g) tapioca flour, ½ cup (60g) brown rice flour, and 2 teaspoons xanthan gum. I recommend using fresh blueberries since frozen tend to bleed and turn the batter gray. However, if using frozen, the bake time may need to be increased.
|Calories320Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.