Lemon anything is many people's idea of the ideal dessert, so make this simple torte for anyone that matches that description (including yourself). Grated lemon zest is what gives the cake its bright taste, while crushed almonds lend nuttiness and a bit of textural contrast. You'll know it's done when a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve as is, or with a dollop of lemon curd for more citrusy delight.
- 1 lemon (medium, zest)
- 220 grams sugar
- 6 eggs
- 50 grams margarine (softened)
- 400 milliliters milk
- 70 grams flour
- 125 grams almond (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- Grease a pie pan with margarine and sprinkle with sugar. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon zest with the sugar. Add the eggs and beat to until well combined and pale in color.
- Add the margarine and beat until incorporated. Add the milk, flour and crushed almonds and beat until combined.
- Place the batter in the prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the tart comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Let cool and serve.