- 2 roasting chickens
- 2 lemons (– cut into 1⁄4 inch slices)
- 6 stems fresh thyme
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
- Convection Roast 375 degrees One sheet tray with a wire meat rack on the tray
- Place the roasting chicken breast side up. Place fingers underneath the skin and move your fingers back and forth to create a cavity between the flesh and the skin of the breast.
- Place the sliced lemon and thyme between the skin and the flesh in a single layer. You should get 2 slices of lemons on each side. Generously salt and a small amount of pepper on all sides of the prepared chicken.
- Place the chicken’s breast side down on the racks.
- Place the sheet tray in the oven on the middle rack. Cook until probe signals or chicken temperature registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. The chickens will cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven when cooked and let rest for 15 minutes. Cut chicken into desired serving pieces and place on a platter. Serve immediately.