Lemon StarsCasseroles et claviers
Buttery brown sugar cookie dough is accented with lemon for a crisp and fragrant cookie. The dough is shaped into stars then arranged and baked into a ring shape, making for a beautiful and eye-catching centerpiece. This makes for a great dessert to bring to a gathering or make the focus of a dessert table with candle or flower arrangement in the center.
- 250 grams all-purpose flour
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 100 grams butter (soft, cut into pieces)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 eggs
- 1 yolk
- 1In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, sugar and lemon zest.
- 2Make a well and put in the butter and lemon juice.
- 3Mix the dough between your fingers to obtain a coarse sand texture.
- 4Add the egg and work dough lightly: as soon as it is homogeneous, stop kneading.
- 5Refrigerate for one hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place a small bowl upside down in the center.
- 8Flour your work surface and roll out the dough to 1/2 cm thickness.
- 9Cut stars until there is no more dough.
- 10If you have different sized stars, place the largest ones in the base around the bowl.
- 11Using a brush, lightly glaze the stars with the watered-down yolk before overlaying a new layer of stars.
- 12Once the crown is finished, remove the bowl and bake.
- 13Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- 14Wait until the crown is cold before handling it.
- 15Sprinkle with sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories540Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.