This recipe for Lemon Square is sweet, tangy, tart, and delicious. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this sensational dessert that is perfect for a friendly gathering, special occasion, or afternoon snack with the kids. Everyone will be asking for this recipe because of the tangy and tart ways it tantalizes and tickles the taste buds. We hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 125 grams flour
- 30 grams caster sugar
- 90 grams butter (cold, cubed)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 180 milliliters lemon juice
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 95 grams butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt in the mixer bowl, and mix 7 to 8 times to get relatively big lumps.
- Place the dough in a 20 by 20 centimeter silicone pan, or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Pour the dough in the pan and press with a spoon or the palm of your hand to level out.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160 C.
- Use two saucepans for water bath, by placing the empty smaller pan in a large pan with hot water. Ingredients should never come into contact with water. Or use a double boiler.
- Add eggs, yolks, lemon juice, and sugar to the smaller saucepan.
- Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the butter cut into pieces, mix, and heat until the temperature reaches 71 C and the curd thickens (it takes 12-15 minutes).
- Remove from the boiling water, and pour in a bowl through a conical strainer.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour over the cooked pastry dough, and bake for 15-17 minutes (the center must remain slightly wobbly).
- Let cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting and sprinkling with icing sugar.
|Calories550Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.