Lemon SquaresOn dine chez Nanou
This recipe for Lemon Square is sweet, tangy, tart, and delicious. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this sensational dessert that is perfect for a friendly gathering, special occasion, or afternoon snack with the kids. Everyone will be asking for this recipe because of the tangy and tart ways it tantalizes and tickles the taste buds. We hope you and your family enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 125 grams flour
- 30 grams caster sugar
- 90 grams butter (cold, cubed)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 180 milliliters lemon juice
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 95 grams butter
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Put the flour, sugar, butter, and a pinch of salt in the mixer bowl, and mix 7 to 8 times to get relatively big lumps.
- 3Place the dough in a 20 by 20 centimeter silicone pan, or a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- 4Pour the dough in the pan and press with a spoon or the palm of your hand to level out.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes.
- 6Let cool.
- 7Lower the oven temperature to 160 C.
- 8Use two saucepans for water bath, by placing the empty smaller pan in a large pan with hot water. Ingredients should never come into contact with water. Or use a double boiler.
- 9Add eggs, yolks, lemon juice, and sugar to the smaller saucepan.
- 10Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 11Add the butter cut into pieces, mix, and heat until the temperature reaches 71 C and the curd thickens (it takes 12-15 minutes).
- 12Remove from the boiling water, and pour in a bowl through a conical strainer.
- 13Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- 14Pour over the cooked pastry dough, and bake for 15-17 minutes (the center must remain slightly wobbly).
- 15Let cool for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting and sprinkling with icing sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.