If you want a light and flavorful dessert that is perfect for a party, special occasion or celebration, then try this recipe for Lemon Squares. They are a traditional treat that you can bring to any potluck, party or backyard barbecue. If you have an event coming up and want to surprise your friends with a sweet treat that will make their mouths happy, then try this dessert. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this as much as we do.
- 180 grams butter (cold)
- 230 grams flour
- 175 grams sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 320 grams sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 180 milliliters lemon juice
- 60 milliliters milk
- Using a coarse grater, grate the cold butter into a bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and then knead with your fingertips to form a texture close to a crumble (not a ball of dough).
- In a rectangular mold placed on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (a bottomless mold) pour the dough and press down with the palm of your hand.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes, until the dough is a little golden.
- For the cream, whisk the eggs, add the sugar and flour, mix.
- Add the lemon and the milk.
- Pour over the cooked dough and bake for about 20 minutes at 320°F.
- The filling should be lightly browned.
- Let cool before taking off the mold. Cut into squares and sprinkle with icing sugar and place in the fridge.