- 2 zucchini (large)
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail removed)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced fresh)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves (torn, plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (plus 1 teaspoon for squeezing)
- Attach Spiralizer Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Trim the ends off zucchini. Center one zucchini on fruit and vegetable skewer; attach to Spiralizer. Attach fine spiralizing blade and position at end of zucchini. Place medium bowl below blade to catch spiralizeded zucchini. Turn stand mixer to speed 4 and process until blade reaches end of zucchini. Repeat with remaining zucchini pieces. Cut zucchini noodles to desired length.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Add shrimp, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove partially cooked shrimp to a plate, cover to keep warm, set aside. Continue to sauté shallots and garlic for 1 more minute. Add wine to pan and bring to simmer, reducing by half, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and cream to pan, bring to simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat another large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook zucchini noodles while tossing with tongs, 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add shrimp back to the cream sauce and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in parsley and squeeze about 1 teaspoon lemon juice into mixture.
- Divide the zucchini noodles evenly among 4 bowls, top with shrimp and sauce. Sprinkle each bowl with torn basil. Garnish with lemon wedges and basil leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.