- shortbread cookies (Lemon)
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar (confectioners’)
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract (McCormick® Pure)
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon food colors (Sunflower color from McCormick® Color from Nature™ -)
- Preheat oven to 300°F. For the Cookies, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add lemon extract; beat on medium speed until blended. Gradually beat in flour on low speed until well mixed. Divide dough in half.
- Roll out one half of the dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into shapes using favorite cookie cutters. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat, rerolling any dough scraps into remaining half of dough.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For the Glaze, melt chocolate chips as directed on package. Stir in Sunflower color. To glaze cookies, hold a cookie by its edge and dip the top into the glaze. (Or spoon the glaze onto cookies using a teaspoon.) Place glazed cookies on wire rack to dry. If desired, sprinkle with Colored Decorating Sugar before glaze hardens. (See recipe at mccormick.com.)
- Test Kitchen Tip: If chocolate starts to harden, microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds, stirring just until smooth.
|Calories1260Calories from Fat670|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat670|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.