- 1 pound strawberries (rinsed, hulled, stems removed, cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- toasted coconut
- toasted almonds (chopped)
- Place the Smart Oven+ Baking Stone Attachment in oven. Select STONE BAKE mode and preheat to 400°F.
- Sprinkle sugar and salt over strawberries on parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer sheet to Baking Stone and roast 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Line a mesh strainer with cheesecloth. Add ricotta and drain 15 minutes; set aside.
- Whisk rye flour, almond flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in large bowl. Combine egg yolks, honey and milk in medium bowl then add to flour mixture. Stir just to combine.
- Place the egg whites in bowl of stand mixer. Mix until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into flour mixture in 2 batches, then fold in ricotta.
- Brush Baking Stone with half of the melted butter. Working in batches, ladle ½ cup of the batter onto Baking Stone for each pancake. You should be able to fit 5-6 pancakes on the stone. Turn when bubbles form on top and edges are golden and dry, 5-6 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with additional honey, roasted strawberries, toasted almonds and coconut if you like.