- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Butter and sugar eight 1-cup ramekins.
- Place egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon juice and zest in bowl of stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Reduce to low and stir in sifted flour, sugar and salt. Mix until combined. Transfer to large bowl.
- Beat egg whites in stand mixer until stiff peaks form, then gently fold the lemon mixture into the egg whites.
- Set the Smart Oven+ Attachment base pan with heating element and Steamer Water Basin Pan on the oven rack. Fill Water Basin Pan with 4 cups of water; cover with Lid and place in oven. Select STEAM mode and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Arrange ramekins on Perforated Steamer Tray and place Tray in Water Basin pan. Cover with Lid and cook 30-35 minutes until top springs back when pressed. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and invert onto serving plates. Serve with fresh berries and powdered sugar if you like.