This lemon meringue pie is the perfect dessert at then end of a rich and heavy meal. A light and bright lemon curd is served inside a crisp and buttery crust then topped with a toasted meringue topping. This dessert is simple to make and is great to…
enjoy after an Easter brunch or in place of a traditional birthday cake.
- 1 pastry (sweet dough)
- 340 grams powdered sugar
- lemon juice (10 cl.)
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 160 grams butter (soft)
- 2 egg whites
- Prepare the sweet pastry dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a double boiler.
- Whisk 240 grams of sugar in a bowl with lemon juice, lemon zest, and eggs. Place in the double boiler and cook, stirring occasionally. When mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat, and place the bowl inside a larger bowl filled with ice cubes.
- Once the cream becomes warm, add the soft butter, and whisk with an electric mixer for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the dough into a previously buttered pie pan, and pierce the entire surface with a fork.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Once the dough is cooled, add the lemon cream, and store the lemon pie in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the meringue by whipping the egg whites until they become foamy. Gradually add 100 grams of sugar, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over the ice cold pie with a palette knife, sealing the edges at the crust.
- Brown the meringue pie under the broiler for a few seconds.
|Calories660Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.