Lemon JellyrollAs receitas lá de casa
Eggs, sugar, and flour are all that's required to make the sponge cake for this lovely roulade, with the beaten egg whites acting as the leavener and giving the cake an airy texture. Here the cake is filled with tart-sweet lemon curd (your own or a good quality store-bought variety). When rolling up the cake, use the sugar-dusted kitchen towel to help, and then keep the roulade with the seam side down to hold the shape. Chill before slicing and serving
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch fine salt
- lemon curd (to taste)
- 1Separate egg whites from the yolks. Whisk the egg whites with the salt until stiff.
- 2In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and flour until thick and creamy.
- 3Gently fold the egg whites into yolk mixture.
- 4Grease a rimmed pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- 5Place the batter in the pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 13 minutes.
- 6Turn out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with sugar. Roll up with the towel.
- 7Allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Unroll and top with the lemon curd and roll again.
- 9Place on a platter, slice and serve.