- 2 stalks lemon grass (fresh)
- 7 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce (shredded)
- 1 medium carrot (coarsely grated)
- 1 cucumber (small, halved, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts (chopped)
- 1 red radish (grated finely)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 red chili pepper (small fresh, finely chopped)
- Cut each stalk of lemon grass 4 inches from the root end; discard tops. Peel away tough outer layers. Split lemon grass in half, remove V-shaped core and discard. Chop remaining lemon grass finely.
- Place noodles in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand until tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain.
- Meanwhile, for the dipping sauce, place sugar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan on low heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 mins or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat; add vinegar and chili pepper.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a wok or large skillet on high heat. Stir-fry chicken, in batches, until browned and cooked through. Return chicken to the wok. Add the remaining oil, lemon grass and garlic. Cook 1 min, or until fragrant and softened. Add fish sauce; toss to coat chicken in sauce.
- Divide noodles among serving bowls. Top with lettuce, carrot, cucumber and chicken. Sprinkle with peanuts and radish. Serve with dipping sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories720Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|