Lemon Gilthead with Stuffed PotatoesHoje para Jantar
Simply spectacular: Cooking a whole fish not only makes for an impressive presentation, it is also the most foolproof way of making sure the fish stays juicy during cooking (fillets can dry out much more easily, in other words). Here, the gilthead fish is seasoned with salt, pepper, dill, and fresh lemon juice and baked to cook through, and then it's returned to the oven with potatoes and caramelized onions to become an amazingly harmonious meal.
- 1 gilt-head bream (medium)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 8 new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons caramelized onions (in balsamic vinegar)
- port wine
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Make several shallow cuts in the skin and place in a baking dish.
- 3Season fish with salt, pepper, dill and lemon juice.
- 4Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- 5Scrub potatoes thoroughly, place them in a microwave-proof dish and sprinkle generously with salt.
- 6Cover the container and cook for about 20 minutes at full power.
- 7When potatoes are cooked, shake off excess salt and make a cross-shaped cut in the middle of each potato.
- 8Squeeze potatoes slightly to open and fill with caramelized onion.
- 9Place potatoes in the baking dish with the fish.
- 10Sprinkle lemon zest over fish.
- 11Bake for 5 additional minutes.
- 12Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- 13Garnish with lemon slices.