Lemon Fondant CakeLolibox
If you want a beautiful and decadent cake that can be frosted any way you choose based on the event you are going to, then try this Lemon Fondant Cake. This sweet and rich cake is moist, flavorful and perfect paired with a tall glass of ice cold milk. The secret ingredient is the blue poppy seeds, which give it flavor and texture. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this cake as much as we do.
- 4 eggs
- 60 grams sugar
- 100 grams cream
- 5 teaspoons dehydrated lemon juice powder
- 125 grams self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (blue)
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Separate the whites from the yolks.
- 3Butter a rectangular or square baking pan.
- 4Whisk the yolks with the sugar until the mixture becomes pale.
- 5Add the cream and the dehydrated lemon powder.
- 6Mix everything well.
- 7Add blue poppy seeds.
- 8Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- 9Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and gently fold them into the lemon mixture.
- 10Pour the batter in the buttered pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.