- 2 eggs (separated)
- 5 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For the custard, beat the egg whites until stiff. In separate bowl cream the butter and 1 cup sugar. Add the lemon zest and egg yolks and beat for 1-2 mins. Sift in the flour, cornstarch and baking powder, and stir well. Add the milk and lemon juice. Fold in egg whites.
- Grease 4 large, ovenproof ramekins and dust with sugar. Pour the custard into the ramekins and place in a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the pan so that the ramekins are halfway submerged. Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 mins until tops are golden.
- Meanwhile, for the caramel brittle, heat 3 tbsp sugar in a frying pan until golden. Dip a spoon into the caramelized sugar and use it to draw scribbles on a sheet of parchment paper. Allow to cool, then break into pieces. Use to decorate the custard.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Super Moist Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingHellmann's
Vanilla Magic Custard CakeOMG Chocolate Desserts
Bake them Homemade Custard CreamsChristina's Cucina
Lemon Custard CakesPatent and the Pantry
Lemon Custard CakeEat Smarter
Magic Custard CakeCreate Bake Make
Custard Powder BiscuitsBest Recipes Australia
Blueberry CustardEveryday Dishes
Lemon Vanilla Bean CustardHealthy Sweet Eats
Magic Lemon Custard Cake (+Target Giveaway)Chew Out Loud
Baked Lime Custards With RaspberriesLa Tartine Gourmande
Strawberries and Cream TartView from Great Island
Magic Custard Cake - Krémes Sütemény Bizzy Lizzy's Good Things
Eggless Custard Powder Cake4th Sense Cooking
Chilled Lemon CustardRecipesPlus
Lemon Custard CakeLike Mother Like Daughter