Lemon Curd Tiramisu and Specullos Russian Cigarettes CookiesOn dine chez Nanou
This Lemon Curd Tiramisu and Speculoos Russian Cigarette Cookies is a sweet and decadent dessert that is perfect for coffee with friends, book club meetings, or just to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. This recipe uses mascarpone for the creamy layers of this decadent dessert. If you love the textures of tiramisu, but want something lighter, then this treat will do the trick. Everyone will want seconds of this delicious dessert.
- 180 grams granulated sugar
- 5 eggs (plus 3 egg yolks)
- 2 lemon juice
- 70 grams butter (diced)
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 150 grams speculaas cookies (Cigarettes Russes, store-bought)
- 1Pour the 80 grams of sugar, 2 eggs, 3 egg yolks, and the juice of 2 lemons into a saucepan. Mix and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Upon first boil, add the butter all at once and mix quickly. Set aside.
- 2If you end up with any pieces of cooked egg whites you can pass your curd through a sieve to make it smooth. Allow your lemon curd to cool before putting it in a pastry bag.
- 3Split the whites from the yolks for the remaining 3 eggs into two bowls.
- 4Beat the yolks with 100 grams of granulated sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the mascarpone and mix.
- 5Whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form and fold gently with a spatula into the mascarpone/ egg/sugar mixture.
- 6Put a layer of mascarpone cream in a clear bowl.
- 7Using the pastry bag, drop a thin layer of lemon curd (it is important to wait until the curd is cold to use it, otherwise, it would melt the cream).
- 8Cover with a layer of Russian cigarettes from which you had cut the ends with a saw-edgeg knife (for a more even finish).
- 9Repeat all 3 layers for a second time and finish with the mascarpone cream.
- 10As pictured in the photo, you can put small amounts of lemon curd to decorate your tiramisu. Cover your dish with a plastic film and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.