Lemon Tart Meringue from ricardocusine.com I had to put it in myself because Yummly doesn't recognize his recipes.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons (zested, about tbsp)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- CRUST In a bowl combine all purpose flour and salt. In another bowl, combine butter, sugar, and ground almonds. Add the first egg and mix thoroughly. Stir in the flour and form into a ball. Shape into a disc, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Divide the dough into six pieces, roll each piece into a 1/4 in thick disc. With each disc of dough, line a 4in round and 3/4in deep tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400F Bake for 15 min or until the crusts are golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
- CURD In a saucepan off the heat, combine all the ingredients, except for the butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan and simmer for 30 seconds. Strain and let cool. In a blender or food processor, puree the cooled lemon curd and butter until smooth. Scrape a few times. Pour into the cooled crusts. Cover the tarts with plastic wrap directly on the curd and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until the curd has set.
- FRENCH MERINGUE In a bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue on the cooled tarts, covering the whole surface to the edge of the crust. Caramelize the meringue using a small culinary torch, if you don't have a torch, place tarts under the broiler for a SHORT time to get some colour.
- See thekitch.com on how to make meringues. http://www.thekitchn.com/baking-school-day-4-meringue-222482
|Calories710Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.