Lemon Curd SquaresLa Cocina de Babel
Warm weather calls for refreshing lemon squares. Featuring a decadent buttery crust, these lemon squares are sure to satisfy every citrus craving. The crust is made with bitter almond extract for additional flavor. The lemon curd topping is made with fresh lemon juice and zest for a strong citrus flavor. Bake time on these lemon curd squares is 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for an attractive and elegant finish.
- 300 grams flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon bitter almond extract
- 125 grams butter (cubed)
- powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 yolk
- 440 grams sugar
- 50 grams flour
- 1 lemon zest (large, and juice)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a food processor, add the flour, sugar, almond extract, and butter. Pulse until a lumpy dough forms.
- 3Line a 20 by 30 centimeter baking pan with parchment paper and fill in the dough using the back of a spoon to flatten it out into all corners.
- 4Bake 20 minutes until golden.
- 5Lower the temperature to 160 degrees Celsius.
- 6While the crust is baking, made the lemon cream.
- 7In a bowl add the eggs and egg yolks and whisk until frothy.
- 8Then add the sugar, flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- 9Pour the batter on top of the crust and bake 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- 10Let cool then refrigerate 2 hours. Sprinkled powdered sugar on top, cut into squares, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories260Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.