If you have puff pastry on hand, and you always should, simple yet elegant desserts like these are always within easy reach. You can find all-butter puff pastry, such as by DuFours, in many supermarkets, but any variety will do. Here, the pastry is cut into squares and baked until crisp and golden, then allowed to cool and layered with lemon curd. You could fill the pastry with other spreads, too, including other types of curd or your favorite fruit compote or jam.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- powdered sugar (to taste)
- lemon curd (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a floured work surface and use a pizza cutter to cut out an even number of squares.
- Place the squares on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Spread lemon curd on 1 square and cover with another square.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.