The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Lemon-Cranberry Cake with Olive Oil. They are not only healthy but packed with flavor. Try this Lemon-Cranberry Cake with Olive Oil recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 195 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams olive oil
- 35 grams softened butter
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (organic)
- 120 milliliters milk
- 1 bowl fresh cranberries
- 50 grams granulated sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor or electric mixer, mix the olive oil and melted butter and for 1 minute.
- Add sugar, stir until incorporated, then add the eggs.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest, and mix until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture in several batches.
- Add milk and stir until a smooth.
- Add the cranberries and stir gently.
- Transfer into a greased cake pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry.
- While cake is baking, prepare the icing.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and lemon juice and cook until it forms a syrup. If the syrup gets too thick you can add a little lemon juice.
- When cake is baked, wait 5 minutes before unmolding.
- Transfer to a wire rack and brush with syrup on top to glaze.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
|Calories610Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.