- 100 grams sponge (fingers, finely crushed)
- 75 grams cornflour
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 800 grams quark (or crème fraîche)
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 400 grams whipping cream
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 lemon jelly (sachet, crystals)
- 40 grams flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons pistachios (finely chopped)
- 2 sprigs mint
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease and line a 9 1/2 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Place the crushed cookies into the cake pan and press down to form a crust. Mix the cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Add the cream cheese. Add 1 cup heavy cream then whisk in the eggs. Transfer to the prepared pan, smooth the surface and place the springform pan inside of a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with boiling water to about 1/3 inch high. Bake the cheesecake for 10 mins, reduce the heat to 250°F and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 3 hours.
- To finish, simmer the gelatin, remaining sugar and 1 2/3 cups water, stirring, until dissolved. Cool slightly then carefully drizzle over the cake and set aside for 1 hour to set. Run a sharp knife around edge of cake to loosen, then release from the pan and transfer to a plate. Whip the remaining cream until stiff, transfer to a piping bag with a star tip and pipe rosettes around edge of cake. Sprinkle with almonds and pistachios. Garnish with mint leaves and dust with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.