With a refreshing citrus flavor from fresh lemon juice, the addition of a rose water makes this drizzle cake a delectable summertime treat. The rose water cake is first baked and then drizzled with a sweet lemon syrup while still warm to allow the lemon flavor to reach every part of the cake. Drizzled with a rose water frosting, this cake is an elegant treat. Be sure to use cake flour with yeast to get the right texture in the end.
- 200 grams cake flour (with yeast)
- 150 grams sugar
- 175 grams softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 90 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 lemon juice (and zest)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- rose water
- pink food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease and flour the cake mold. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix well the flour with 150 grams of sugar, and softened butter.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, water, and rosewater.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, add the lemon zest, and whisk fast.
- Pour the dough into the pan, and bake for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup.
- Boil the boil lemon juice and 5 tablespoons of powdered sugar, stirring until the sugar is well dissolved.
- Let boil, and remove from heat.
- Brush the cake with the syrup while it's still warm, and let it cool completely.
- Place the sugar in a small bowl, and add a few drops of rosewater, stirring well and adding more if necessary, until the frosting is soft.
- If you wish, add a bit of pink dye, enough to get pink frosting.
- Mix well.
- Cover the already cold cake with frosting.
- Let dry completely.
|Calories920Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.