Lemon CakeAs receitas lá de casa
A little bit of grated lemon zest (from just one small lemon) is all that's needed to lend bright flavor and fragrance to this delightful cake. A rasp-style grater (or microplane) produces the finest shards, leaving the bitter white pith behind. This cake is just fine as is, with afternoon tea, but equally good when dusted with confectioners' sugar or drizzled with a lemony glaze for a more special dessert.
- 200 grams sugar
- 150 grams butter (or margarine)
- 3 eggs
- 1 deciliter milk
- 1 lemon (small, zest)
- 200 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease a cake pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3In a bowl, mix the sugar with the butter and beat well.
- 4Add the eggs, milk, and lemon zest and beat well again.
- 5Little by little, add the flour and baking powder, beating constantly, until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- 6Pour the batter in the cake pan, and bake for 45 minutes.