Bright and tangy, this lemon bundt cake is a showstopping summertime dessert.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 lemons (large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, canola oil, lemon zest, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed for 1 minute, or until smooth. Add the eggs and sour cream, and continue to beat for a minute more, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Beat the mixture on low until the ingredients begin to come together. Slowly stream in the buttermilk and continue mixing, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until a smooth, medium-thick batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the bundt cake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.