Lemon BarsLe ricette di Micol
Lemon strikes us immediately by the telltale rich yellow color. The lemon tree belongs to the Rutaceae family. Lemon trees are characterized by a rich floral process developed by the heat, the flowers are fragrant white stars and five petals. Thanks to its extraordinary properties the lemonis considered a true natural medication as well as a food. Suffice it to mention its fluidifying action and purifying blood. This recipe for Lemon Bars harnesses the tartness of the lemon in a creamy filling that sits atop a buttery base. Sprinkled with powdered sugar to finish, this sweet and refreshing treat is a must.
- 120 grams salted butter
- 200 grams flour
- 80 grams powdered sugar
- grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 70 milliliters lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 30 grams coconut flour
- 1To prepare the crust, preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Place the flour in a bowl with the powdered sugar, the grated peel of 1 lemon, and the salted butter, cut into pieces, use the tips of your fingers to combine the ingredients into an oatmeal-like consistency.
- 3Line an 18 x 18 centimeter cake pan with wax paper and place the crust inside pressing it well and evenly with your hands or by using a weight.
- 4Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- 5To prepare the lemon filling, use a whisk to beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl.
- 6Incorporate the two types of flour, add the lemon juice and peel and mix well.
- 7Pour the filling over the warm crust and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes at 180C.
- 8Remove the cake pan from the oven and cool completely.
- 9Cut the lemon bars into small squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 10Refrigerate and serve chilled.
PER SERVING *
|Calories790Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.